Nihon Kenkyuu Kai
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anti-Otaku Parents

4 posters

Go down

Anti-Otaku Parents Empty Anti-Otaku Parents

Post  Disuko Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:09 am

Apparently, my parents are STRONGLY against anything related to anime (and the japanese culture).

I have no idea how to deal with them anymore. I mean, they exploded when they found out I had a seifuku made. They hate my figurine collection. Etc etc etc.

Any tips on how to get them to finally accept their daughter is an otaku? Neutral
Disuko
Disuko

Back to top Go down

Anti-Otaku Parents Empty Re: Anti-Otaku Parents

Post  Polarburr Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:45 am

That's a hard one :/ You could try asking them why they hate it so much and how you could work around it or you could ask a middle-man to ask them what their problem is. Good thing my parents don't really care about what my hobbies are -,-

That's all i got, confronting them's the only thing I can think of :/ I guess another work around's showing you got amazing grades and let them have you keep this hobby as a "reward". lol
Polarburr
Polarburr

Back to top Go down

Post  rezhuane12 Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:56 pm

what polarburr said, i agree. get amazing grades. amazing something else and let them keep the "otaku-ness" as a hobby. Smile i do that. i got an award something in school and then i asked for a reward. tada! i got something from comic alley. haha. Smile) *BUT! you can always be a closet otaku.* *just like in ore no imouto(anime)* teehee. Very Happy

i slightly feel you. my parents are not that fan of japan chuchu. they banned me from buying/watching anime. they won't even let me take up ISJ as my course because "WALA DAW KWENTA YAN". Sad

anyways.. good luck with your parents. HOPE THEY UNDERSTAND THE WONDERFULNESS OF BEING AN OTAKU LOVING JAPAN CHUCHU. HAHA. cheers
rezhuane12
rezhuane12

http://rezhuane12.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Disuko Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:42 pm

Getting good grades doesn't work. I even thought they'd accept it after I graduated from high school since I got several awards. Obviously, that idea failed for me. No

Confrontation never worked despite how many times I tried it. (confrontation about any topic doesn't work on them LOLOLOL) I guess I'll try getting the help of a mediator.

Thanks guys! Smile
Disuko
Disuko

Back to top Go down

Post  Polarburr Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:19 pm

Ganbattene (if that's the proper term for this situation) xD Hope they'll consider.
Polarburr
Polarburr

Back to top Go down

Post  Patric Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:28 pm

Pretty much reminds me of "Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai." Shocked

Maybe it's because they may have found something bad about otaku or Japan in general. A grudge, perhaps? Try to find out what it is then you can turn things around for them that Japan or being or an otaku is not all bad. Very Happy

Patric

Back to top Go down

Post  Polarburr Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:26 pm

Patric wrote:Pretty much reminds me of "Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai." Shocked

Maybe it's because they may have found something bad about otaku or Japan in general. A grudge, perhaps? Try to find out what it is then you can turn things around for them that Japan or being or an otaku is not all bad. Very Happy

Ore no Imouto's where I got the middle man idea xD
Polarburr
Polarburr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum